Unit C - 602 Rosser Avenue, Brandon, Manitoba, R7A-0K7
Fax: (204) 726-0093
Coordinator/Counsellor (204) 726-1112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Support Worker (204) 726-8791 Email: email@example.com
Aboriginal Healing & Wellness is a counselling and wellness centre that integrates traditional Aboriginal healing ways and mainstream mental health practices within its services and program.
The purpose of the service is to assist Aboriginal People on the path of healing and wellness. We believe in helping Aboriginal People help themselves to take responsibility for their own healing.
The goal of the service to strengthen the balance between the physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental health of the individual through holistic healing.
To provide supportive individual counselling and wellness services in a culturally sensitive practice.
To provide a safe environment that is reflective of Aboriginal culture and traditions.
To offer healing and wellness programs and services to the community.
Services & Programs
- Individual Counselling and Support for adults
- Monthly Sharing Circles (last Monday of the month, please call to confirm dates and times)
- Elder's Coffee Club every second and fourth Thursday of the month (55+ individuals)
- Anger Management Program (takes place twice per year during spring and winter term)
- Medicine Picking and Exchanges (picking takes place middle of summer)
- Smudging and Prayer
- Cultural and Wellness Initiatives based on community needs
- Referral to external agencies