303 9th Street, Brandon MB, R7A 4A8
September to June
Seedlings follow the same calender as the Brandon School Divisions.
Morning Group: Tuesdays and Thursday, 10-1130
Afternoon Group: Tuesdays and Thursdays. 1-2:30
Transportation is provided
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
To provide three-year old's with the opportunity to develop strong language skills, learn through play, benefit from routine and be holistically prepared for preschool.
To offer parents the skills and knowledge to become active participants in their children's learning experiences.
DID YOU KNOW...?
Readiness for school has five parts:
- Physical health and well being
- Social skills
- Emotional maturity
- Language and thinking skills
- Communication and general knowledge
Parent, caregivers and communities all play a big role in children being ready for school.
CHILDREN WHO ARE READY FOR SCHOOL:
- Are eager to try new things
- Have a better chance at future school successes
- Are curious about the world
- Have developed some ways of coping with disappointment
- Have developed some self control
- Have good language skills
- Can communicate their needs to other people
The five domains of early development as set out in the Early Development Instrument (EDI) are:
Physical Health and Well-Being
Language and Cognitive Development
Communication Skills & General Knowledge
We focus on these domains by building each class around a subject:
Math and Science
Art and Music
Parental Involvement is an important part of the program. Parents do not attend with their child but are actively involved throughout the year.